Pages

Vegetable Pasta Saute

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

This is a dish my mom invented a few years ago. We went through a phase where we ate it almost every day. Now Andy and I make it from time to time as well. I craved this dish specifically when I came home from a month in Russia a few years ago. When I came home I requested this meal - probably because I went to Russia at a time when very few fresh vegetables were available. You can customize this dish with any kind of pasta or vegetables or spices you want.

Ingredients:

Butter/olive oil to saute
Pasta (spaghetti or fettucine)
Vegetables such as yellow squash, red peppers, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and spinach
Spices such as oregano, basil, and chicken spices (we have a Mediterranean spice mix with a hint of cloves)
White cheddar cheese, shredded (Vermont)

Directions:

Prepare pasta as directed. Meanwhile saute garlic and vegetables in olive oil/butter and with spices, except spinach in saucepan. Add spinach when other vegetables are fully cooked, stir in spinach till wilted. Mix vegetables with pasta, and serve topped with cheddar cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment